Earlier today we were notified that one of our students tested positive for COVID-19. The student is a full-time remote learner who has not been in the building. The student does participate on the boys golf team and played in an FFA softball game on campus Sunday evening.
All students and staff who participated in the FFA softball game have been deemed in “close contact” with the individual who tested positive. Those individuals have been directed to quarantine for 14 days from the date of last contact. The quarantine period will last through Sunday, September 27. In addition, members of our boys & girls golf teams are being asked to quarantine through Wednesday, September 23.
- All boys & girls golf activities have been suspended until further notice.
- All previously scheduled indoor workouts for volleyball & boys basketball suspended until further notice.
- Full-day preschool will become full remote until further notice.
Again, currently there is 1 confirmed case of COVID-19. We will be sure to let you know if additional students or staff test positive. Please feel free to monitor the COVID-19 Exclusion Table on our website for up-to-date information.
Tim Farquer, Superintendent
Just a few quick announcements.
- The extension of the USDA summer meal program means breakfast & lunch at Williamsfield Schools is free for all students this fall. On September 1st all meal prices were set to zero. This does not include all snacks or a la carte items, so please continue to monitor & deposit funds into your child’s MySchoolBucks account. Most importantly, if your family is experiencing food insecurity during remote learning days, be sure to contact us at school to see if we can help.
- If you have any questions regarding the presence of COVID-19 on campus, please refer to the COVID-19 tab on our website. This tab links you to IDPH guidelines and our COVID-19 exclusion table. We currently have 10 individuals on different lengths of quarantine, but no cases of COVID-19 on campus thus far.
- Just a reminder that our annual budget and levy are up for approval at tomorrow night’s school board meeting. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 309.639.2219.
- No school tomorrow means Tuesday & Wednesday are A days this week. Thursday & Friday remain B days.
- Beginning next week, the IHSA is allowing high school sports workouts according to specific guidelines. These "contact days" will run through October 31. In response, ROWVA-Williamsfield athletics has assembled a workout calendar viewable on our website. If your child would like to participate, please submit the digital parental consent form located HERE.
- After 3 weeks of school, 16 individuals have spent time on the school exclusion list. All individuals were either symptomatic or a household member of someone who was symptomatic. All current quarantines have expired and, thus far, all COVID-19 tests have come back negative. For up-to-date information on the number of individuals excluded from campus, please see the COVID-19 exclusion table on the COVID-19 tab of our website.