Williamsfield Schools will deploy a hybrid learning model for the 2020-2021 school year. The hybrid model utilizes both in-person and remote learning options to help students move their skills forward while remaining in compliance with IDPH guidelines. Remember, if a student is not at school, it is not a day off. They will have remote learning opportunities to tackle at home. A few items to note:
- Parents may choose to switch to full remote learning at any time.
- Parents may choose to switch from full remote to hybrid learning by notifying the office by 3pm on the last Monday of each month. Hybrid learning for that child will begin the following week.
- Students may be given the opportunity to come to school on Wednesday. It will be invitation only. Those invitations will be extended the Thursday prior. Parents will need to accept the invitation by 3pm that Friday to secure the spot.
- MEALS - Breakfast, snack, & lunch will be eaten in the Billtown Cafe or at limited available outside seating. We anticipate less than 40 students eating in the cafe per lunch period.
- REMOTE MEALS - We currently plan to deliver breakfast & lunch mid-morning of each school day to remote learners who qualify for free or reduced lunches. We hope to expand this service as the school year progresses.
- QUARANTINES - Health conditions may warrant the quarantine of individual students or grade levels. If this is the case, parents will be notified and the individuals impacted will become full remote learners until it is safe to return.
- BUILDING CLOSURES - Health conditions may warrant our building to close. If this is the case, parents will be notified and everyone will transition to full remote learning until it is safe to return.
- BUSING - Parents will be required to symptom screen their children prior to them getting on the bus each day. A self-certification Google form will be shared at a later date. Parents will be able to quickly complete it using their phone.
- SYMPTOM SCREENING - Temperature checks and screenings will take place as individuals enter the building. If an individual has a temperature at or above 100.4 F, they will leave campus or await pick-up in one of two on-site isolation rooms.
- FACE COVERINGS - Face masks or gaiters will be required on the bus and in the school building at all times. Face coverings will not be required outside, so long as social distancing is maintained.
Our full RESTART PLAN can be viewed here. The Executive Summary on page 4 is a good place to reference.